POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ribbon following spline : Re: Ribbon following spline Server Time
14 May 2024 08:35:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ribbon following spline
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 3 Jan 2016 04:51:21
Message: <5688ef19@news.povray.org>
Le 03/01/2016 08:51, kurtz le pirate a écrit :
> Le 01/01/2016 14:21, Le_Forgeron a écrit :
>> For kurtz le pirarte, from povray.general
>>

> For
>
> complete code :

in your picture, you used a triangle... and your computation of the
normal has TWO singularities with inversion of the sign on each side of
them. Of course, the triangle is sensible to the sign of the normal.

In attached code, you could replace the SV spline with something totally
different. I just reuse the same function as for SU, and normalized the
vector to get a constant width of the ribbon.

> ---
> kurtz le pirate
> compagnie de la banquise

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ribbon.png' (98 KB) Download 'ribbon.pov.txt' (2 KB)

Preview of image 'ribbon.png'
ribbon.png