POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ribbon following spline : Re: Ribbon following spline Server Time
5 May 2024 08:58:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ribbon following spline
From: kurtz le pirate
Date: 1 Jan 2016 11:49:09
Message: <5686ae05$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.4d04e35320256a0cc734aecd0%40news.povray.org%3E/
> From: Tor Olav Kristensen
> Subject: Spacing of points along natural cubic splines
> Date: 12 Dec 2010 15:05:01
>
> If so, then follow the link to the message thread with the source code.
>
> These searches may also be relevant:
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q="frenet+frame"+along+spline
> https://www.google.com/search?q="orthogonal+axes"+spline
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=arc+length+parameterization+spline
> https://www.google.com/search?q=spline+reparameterization

Thanks for this links.
I'll look at this links closely.

In fact, i already made some tests with simple polygons (squares et
triangles). My problem is that in some places, the objects are not
positioned correctly. You can see the issue here :
<http://louisbel.free.fr/en_cours/wip16.shtml>

...and as Alain said, ribbon need two spline.

---
kurtz le pirate
compagnie de la banquise