POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PREVIEW: Imperial Space Ark "Mankind" / CONTEST : Re: PREVIEW: Imperial Space Ark "Mankind" / CONTEST Server Time
28 Jun 2024 17:46:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PREVIEW: Imperial Space Ark "Mankind" / CONTEST
From: clipka
Date: 26 Dec 2015 09:37:02
Message: <567ea60e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 26.12.2015 um 12:49 schrieb Stephen:

> You might have gotten better support for your ideas if you hadn't asked
> for help in the past. Allowed other users to spend hours of their time
> to donate models only to never to hear from you again except to start
> over with the same thing and on top of that to demand more bespoke
> customiseations your your use.

Might that have been related to the hard drive crash that wiped Sven's
collection of POV-Ray files clean off the face of the earth some years ago?
Just wondering.

@Sven:

I think you should be worried about the fact that your way of
approaching people in your recent original(*) postings makes it easy not
only to believe that what Stephen just wrote is true (I have no idea
whether it is, it might have slipped past me, dropped from my memory,
happened before my days, or never at all), but also to believe that it
is unrelated to that unfortunate hard drive crash and rather due to some
personality trait of yours.

That means you probably should do two things:

(1) Examine your own habits in all honesty to yourself, to figure out
whether this is just a matter of miscommunication or indeed a matter of
personality; and

(2) try to change whatever the fundamental problem is.

It will help you better get along with people in the future.

Neither of these things is easy for ordinary people to do (especially
the being-honest-to-yourself part), so if you do have the will to
address it, I would recommend going through these steps with a bit of
help from professionals, namely a psychologist (the shrink type, not the
looney-fixing type, for step 1 and possibly 2), and/or a communication
coach (for step 2, if turns out to be just a matter of miscommunication).

(* Original as in, starting a new thread; I'm specifically excluding
replies here because they don't reflect how you approach people, but how
you interact with them once a communication has already started. I
consider that phase to be of minor to no relevance here, as any issues
there may be just an echo of issues already present in the initial post.)