POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PREVIEW: Imperial Space Ark "Mankind" / CONTEST : Re: PREVIEW: Imperial Space Ark "Mankind" / CONTEST Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:05:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PREVIEW: Imperial Space Ark "Mankind" / CONTEST
From: clipka
Date: 26 Dec 2015 08:25:16
Message: <567e953c$1@news.povray.org>
Am 26.12.2015 um 12:32 schrieb Sven Littkowski:

> ME
> My initial idea was, to populate a virtual universe with the amazing
> creations of others and me (search for my other postings, months and
> years ago).

BTW, you may have mentioned it back then (I won't bother to check), but
you never, ever mentioned it this time.

> But this is not a commercial project, thus it must not be
> supported. I understand that, I see the larger pattern.

No, you apparently do /not/ see the larger pattern, which boils down to
an entirely different matter: You suck at marketing(*) ;)

(*That is, marketing in the broadest sense: There is no such thing in
the entire universe as altruism for the sake of being altruistic, or
collaboration for the sake of collaborating; there is always the
expectation involved to get /something/ in return, whether it is money,
fame, security, fun, or whatever. If you want to coax others into doing
something that would make /you/ happy, you need to convince them that
they'll get something out of it to make /them/ happy as well. That's not
only the essence of capitalistic marketing, but of any cooperation
between humans, or any other form of life for that matter.)