POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HELP: Round Blurred Fog : Re: HELP: Round Blurred Fog Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:32:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP: Round Blurred Fog
From: clipka
Date: 18 Dec 2015 22:17:06
Message: <5674cc32@news.povray.org>
Am 18.12.2015 um 21:24 schrieb Sven Littkowski:
> Thanks again for the assistance, Alain. See here the fine result. She's
> not finished yet, but she's already a fine ship, and looks even finer
> thanks to your help.

Sven, please don't post such huge pictures.
Not generally, and certainly not in newsgroups without "binaries" in
their name.

Are you even aware that your image is 5.5 MB large (despite apparently
being heavily compressed)?

Also, the image size in pixels is beyond what we can possibly view on
screen. Heck, even on a 4K display it doesn't fit even remotely!

A 16th of the file size (a 4th by a 4th in terms of resolution) would
have been more than enough for most of us.

If you do want to provide us with extremely high resolution images (e.g.
for poster printing), please feel free to make them available on your
website and post a link.

If you want to show off high-resolution details, please feel free to
post detail views (i.e. images showing only a subsection of the original
image) rather than the entire image in high-res, on
povray.binaries.images rather than povray.general.

(BTW, someone cut off a piece of your planet. Not good. Expect massive
earthquakes, the oceans draining into that region, and -- presuming that
the hot core is exposed -- the drained water promptly and violently
evaporating into the atmosphere, leading to disastrous climate
changes... or is that why the people have built the ark?)