POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moon rendering (prototype) : Re: Moon rendering (prototype) Server Time
28 Sep 2024 09:39:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moon rendering (prototype)
From: Alain
Date: 17 Dec 2015 19:30:03
Message: <5673538b$1@news.povray.org>

> Thanks for this information.
>
> I wonder, if we still will find more elements, especially the heavier
> ones. Or if we learn, to create ultra-heavy elements by our own somewhen
> in the future, thanks to our continuous learning about new cosmic
> building blocks (like quarks, black matter, etc.).

Maybe that so called "dark matter" is realy just a huge quantity of free
neutrons.
After all, "dark matter" is regarded as been non interacting with light,
having a mass, and only interact with normal matter gravitationaly. The
neutron nicely fit the bill.

> Maybe, one day we can even construct exotic elements that have a
> negative gravity.

That mean a negative MASS and ENERGY!
That's the stuff of fiction.

> I think, I should go a little bit deeper into this science. Interesting
> enough.

If you think about stable elements, no unless there is a catastrophic
break through.
More elements? Yes. But, most will exist only as single atoms for less
than a micro second, 0.000001 second, before they spontaneously
desintegrate.

The heaviest element discovered to date is:
Ununoctium 	symbole: Uuo	 atomic number: 118 and it's most stable
isotope have 294 nucleotides. It's half life is estimated to be less
than a nano-second...
It /could/ be a noble gas following the radon, but is yet to be
classified into any family.

Alain