POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Metal textures : Re: Metal textures Server Time
8 May 2024 17:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal textures
From: Sherry K  Shaw
Date: 12 Dec 2015 01:32:05
Message: <566bbf65$1@news.povray.org>
Here's a question--

I haven't yet taken the time* to experiment much with the new features
of 3.7 in regard to specifically metallic textures,** but now I'm
curious--has "brilliance" been affected by the changes to the finish
statement, and, if so, how?  Because it strikes me that brilliance has
been an important component of metallic textures for quite a while,
possibly twenty years or so--oh, good God, have I been Povving THAT
long?  Oh, dear lord, I'm old!  OLD!

Just curious,

--Sherry Shaw

* Because, hey, life.

** I've pretty much just played around with subsurface scattering as a
route to making more realistic cheese.  Imagine a Stanford bunny carved
from a nice Vermont aged white cheddar.  Mmmm, cheeeeese.

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+