POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Should Parsing really take that long? How to speed it up? : Re: Should Parsing really take that long? How to speed it up? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 05:12:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should Parsing really take that long? How to speed it up?
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 4 Dec 2015 21:41:56
Message: <56624ef4$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/04/2015 03:46 PM, ILM wrote:
>>> Warning_Level=n  Allows you to turn off classes of warnings.
>>> +WLn    Same as Warning_Level=n
>
> I really do not know why, but +WL0 does still show the parsing error.

I'm not a developer, but it looks from the source code like this
particular message conditional calls the parser's PossibleError()
function instead of the Warning() function and so the message is not
controllable with the warning level mechanism.

Likely this is why Christoph said in an earlier post you'd have to
modify the input pov file to get rid of the message.

The parser seems to be set up with three message functions in Warning(),
PossibleError() and Error().

Bill P.