POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Should Parsing really take that long? How to speed it up? : Re: Should Parsing really take that long? How to speed it up? Server Time
27 Apr 2024 01:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should Parsing really take that long? How to speed it up?
From: Stephen
Date: 4 Dec 2015 15:49:18
Message: <5661fc4e$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/4/2015 4:54 PM, ILM wrote:
> HI Stephen,
>
> I will see if I can organize a file, that I may upload here. Maybe on Monday.

Remember to compress it and upload it in a binaries group such as:
povray.binaries.scene-files

> Until then: It is a logistic simulation tool. Here you can find a final version
> of a video provided by the software developers:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm3Txr5DRIA

And that tool generates PovRay code. I am surprised. I work in SAP
logistics (PM &CS). Nice animation.

> Regarding the log
> 1) While Parsing the file the CPU usage is only about 30%
Parsing uses only one core.

> 2) Do you know how to disable the log just to try it? I tried the -GA command
> but it did not work as intended. (the final conclusion disappeard, but the error
> messages stayed)

There is a problem there. I think Clipka will be looking at it.

> 3) What exactly is the error about? Can I fix it?

It is not an error but a warning. So don't worry about it.

> Regarding the file
> 1) It is a nearly 10 MB .pov file.

See my first comment. Pov files compress very well.

BTW If you are a German speaker. There is an international group on this
server and Clipka is a bilingual native German speaker.

--

Regards
     Stephen