POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [Not POV] GPU Mandelbulb renders : Re: [Not POV] GPU Mandelbulb renders Server Time
29 May 2024 01:09:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Not POV] GPU Mandelbulb renders
From: scott
Date: 2 Dec 2015 06:19:27
Message: <565ed3bf$1@news.povray.org>
>> My next task is to tidy up the camera controls (they're very clunky at
>> the moment) and improve the html interface to allow changing more
>> settings on the fly. Once I have that done I'll post up the html if
>> anyone wants to play.
>
> Please do. :-)

See attached.

You will need a modern GPU, specifically one that can run WebGL in a
browser and supports floating-point textures.

If you want to make the image larger, look at the last few lines in the
html file, you'll see a "width" and "height" tag, just change these.

I was trying to find a way to automatically set the focus, but it seems
very difficult to get anything back into javascript from the GPU. So
it's only manual focus for now, you can turn off focal blur if you
prefer by adjusting one the parameters at the start of the html file.

I've set the size and parameters quite conservatively, so it should run
at a decent speed on most modern cards.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mandelbulb.html.htm' (22 KB)