POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Colors too dark and washed out : Re: Colors too dark and washed out Server Time
24 Jun 2024 09:44:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colors too dark and washed out
From: scott
Date: 24 Nov 2015 02:53:32
Message: <5654177c$1@news.povray.org>
> Okay, I just re-rendered the scene specifying #version 3.6 instead of
> #version 3.7. There is a huge difference! I cannot explain it however. I
> don't know why there is such a big difference.

What might me worth doing is to add 4 "control" blocks, where you set
the xyY values to that of the sRGB primaries and the white point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRGB

In theory those should end up as pure red,green,blue and white on your
final image, and would highlight any lighting issues with the scene.