POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Colors too dark and washed out : Re: Colors too dark and washed out Server Time
3 May 2024 05:28:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colors too dark and washed out
From: scott
Date: 23 Nov 2015 04:42:34
Message: <5652df8a$1@news.povray.org>
>  >>      #local Muns_coo_RGB =
>  >> MapGamut(xyz2RGB(ChromaMatchSource(xyY2xyz(Muns_coo_xyY))));

>  >>          pigment {color srgb Muns_coo_RGB}
>  >>          finish {ambient 1}

>  > You may try to use rgb instead of srgb.
>  > If the original render used assumed_gamma 1 and uncorrected rgb values,
>  > then, using srgb would give incorrect results.

> Well, the colors are supposed to be exact values using Lightsys. I want
> to get them physically correct.

If MapGamut returns linear RGB values (it looks like it does, I couldn't
see anything that indicated it does a rgb->srgb conversion) then you
must use the rgb keyword in POV as Alain suggested.

The srgb keyword is used to supply colours in srgb space, and POV will
then "undo" the srgb gamma correction before using the values
internally, which is not what you want in this case. Using rgb will
force POV to use the values you supply directly.