POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : fabric simulation : Re: fabric simulation Server Time
8 Jul 2024 10:38:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fabric simulation
From: clipka
Date: 21 Nov 2015 17:06:53
Message: <5650eafd$1@news.povray.org>
Am 21.11.2015 um 20:19 schrieb Stephen:
> On 11/21/2015 2:14 PM, LanuHum wrote:
>> You want to have the adequate editor for Povray?
>> My experience shows that you aren't interested in it!
>
> Some history:
>
> For a lot of people, PovRay was a "scripting" program and using a GUI
> was a cheat.
> Note. I am not saying that Clipka thinks that. But it is how PovRay grew
> up.

It all depends on whether you view the creation of a scene as an
intellectual challenge or just a means to an end.

POV-Ray with its extensive scripting language can cater to both, but in
the former case using GUI modelling software must indeed be considered
cheating, while in the latter case it must be considered one of the most
rational things to do.

I consider both approaches valid in and of themselves.