POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: the theatre : Re: Gancaloon: the theatre Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:43:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: the theatre
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 12 Nov 2015 08:14:28
Message: <564490b4$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/11/2015 09:59 PM, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> On 11.11.2015 17:50, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>
>> A glance from outside/above. Practical as they are, the people of
>> Gancaloon have used a former quarry to build the theatre.
>
> Given the number of seats you may want to increase the
> capacity for entrance/exit a bit.

Thomas, How about it being built in a caldera instead of a quarry? A
grand opening play then something like: "Pompeii, The Final Hours!" One
must think of venue marketing.

Limited exits - and the heat from down under - would keep every audience
on the edge of their seats. Performers always in top form knowing they
might need to do a bit of improv. Heck, if the geological timing works
out, we'd have free, truly terrifying and spectacular effects no
prop-master could deliver.

"XYZ now playing at the Caldron Theater of Gancaloon."

The abrasive nature of the pumice stones surrounding the theater would
discourage those wishing to sit in on performances for free. Oh, and we
could deliver on your insect free seating promise!

Piles and piles of money to be had...

Bill P.