POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Nitpicking about isosurface threshold : Re: Nitpicking about isosurface threshold Server Time
28 May 2024 19:52:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nitpicking about isosurface threshold
From: scott
Date: 12 Nov 2015 03:53:37
Message: <56445391$1@news.povray.org>
>> And I learned that one can post images to this group. Despite the fact that the
>> web front end states "You may not post attachments to this newsgroups". How did
>> you achieve this, Thunderbird?

Yes Thunderbird, and before that Outlook Express. I don't ever remember
using the web interface before to post anything.

> Recalling my Usenet days, it's an honor system; and while news.povray.org is not
> part of Usenet, the network protocol is identical.  Newsreaders do not enforce
> newsgroup policies.  However, the Web interface is hosted on the server, and can
> take enforcement options not available to newsreaders.
>
> Perhaps Scott is unaware of the protocols of antiquity.  Unless the newsgroup
> has the word "binaries" in its name, one is expected not to post binaries to
> that newsgroup, at the risk of being flamed or retromoderated.  But flames are
> rare in this community, and I can recall only two instances of retromoderation
> in the 12 years I have been here.

Honestly I had completely forgotten, if it was a POV generated image I
would have certainly posted it in the images group, but as it wasn't I
didn't think twice about just attaching it to my reply here. If I get
around to improving the lighting and focal blur a bit more I'll post up
some more images in the binary group.