POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: the theatre : Re: Gancaloon: the theatre Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: the theatre
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Nov 2015 03:33:28
Message: <56444ed8$1@news.povray.org>
On 11-11-2015 18:16, Stephen wrote:
> On 11/11/2015 4:50 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> A glance from outside/above. Practical as they are, the people of
>> Gancaloon have used a former quarry to build the theatre.
>>

> Quite an impressive landscape. A great setting for a picnic. :-)

As always, credits for the texture of the Gancaloon landscape goes to
Jaime Vives Piqueres.

The 'quarry' is a simple inverted cone - heavily deformed and processed
of course - differenced from the height_field. Obviously, the theatre is
also differenced from the landscape :-)

I suppose that the less wealthy inhabitants go above the theatre to
watch the plays, if they feel so inclined. Those 'seats' are free I am
told, and it is more difficult to throw rotten tomatoes from there.

--
Thomas