POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : mesh camera help needed : Re: mesh camera help needed Server Time
5 May 2024 07:40:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh camera help needed
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 16 Oct 2015 14:06:44
Message: <56213cb4$1@news.povray.org>

> I found some helpful macros to generate mesh-cameras by Jaime Vives
> Piqueres from 2010. He implemented an example of a meshcam_lens that
> can uses a distortion factor (c_distort: >0=barrel, <0=pincushion) to
> create a lens distortion effect. His website where he posts his
> work: (http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=mesh-camera)
>
> Still I don't know how he implemented the distortion [...]

   Well... I'm sure I did barely understand what I was doing at the time,
so now I'm really lost. Looking at it, seems just a hack by moving the
mesh vertexes along the z axis (the pow function is being used to move
them proportionally to their distance from the center of the mesh).

> Can somebody give he a hint and nudge me in the right directon as far
> as how i could achive this?

   Not really, but if you're going for the mesh camera approach, you
should create a mesh that resembles the lens you are trying to simulate.

   Regards,

--
jaime