POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Scattering media problem : Re: Scattering media problem Server Time
8 Jun 2024 21:40:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scattering media problem
From: clipka
Date: 9 Oct 2015 15:56:42
Message: <56181bfa$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.10.2015 um 08:58 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> On 8-10-2015 22:56, Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann wrote:
>> What do I wrong? Should I try absorbing media instead?
>>

> You certainly might. I am not sure about the physics of glass but maybe
> it is a combination of scattering and absorption you need?

Nope.

There's virtually no scattering in modern regular glass - except maybe
for some dirt on the surface, but that's obviously not some interior effect.

Ancient glass did often have impurities that would scatter light, but as
a result the material would appear misty or even opaque at reasonable
thickness (because that's what scattering ultimately does to a medium).