POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Returning user - Simple ? question : Re: Returning user - Simple ? question Server Time
28 Apr 2024 00:04:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Returning user - Simple ? question
From: Leroy
Date: 2 Oct 2015 12:55:08
Message: <560eb6ec@news.povray.org>
AQ wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have not used POVray for about 10 years since i retired and it
> appears I have forgotn much that I thought I used to know.
>
> Wood turning is a main hobby and I want to use POV as a virtual
> protype.

I like wood work too. The others have answered your question about
textures. I like to talk about the bowl. I would use POV's lathe to make
my bowls. I know it can be hard to learn how to write the lathe code by
hand. There are several programs out there that can help.
  My own is at http://leroywhetstone.s5.com/Pages/Win_Programs.html
POV's lathe can produce almost anything that can be made on a real
lathe. I've seen on PBS where a guy made cowboy hats.
POV's sor can produce dales, pickets, anything that doesn't have an
interior cut.
Have fun!