POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I made a lovely picture : Re: I made a lovely picture Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:56:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I made a lovely picture
From: clipka
Date: 1 Oct 2015 04:54:58
Message: <560cf4e2$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.09.2015 um 11:30 schrieb And:
> After making so many technique tests, I'm trying making some art. This is a
> white star in a bowl. When I first saw it I feel the appearance is so pure and I
> decided to finish it.

Hint: Images like yours, which are mostly "flat" with slight gradients,
are prone to colour banding, which can be distracting at times (most
notably when the variations are predominantly in the green channel;
fortunately that's not the case in your image). To avoid such artifacts,
POV-Ray 3.7 supports dithering, which can be enabled via the "+th"
command-line switch.