POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Patch to allow native functions in DLLs? : Patch to allow native functions in DLLs? Server Time
29 May 2024 06:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Patch to allow native functions in DLLs?
From: David Given
Date: 27 Sep 2015 12:10:04
Message: <560814dc@news.povray.org>
I want to do some disturbingly twisted things with Povray, involving
procedural generation. The built in scripting isn't powerful/fast
enough, so I'm going to have to modify Povray to add a custom function.

Rather than path Povray directly, I'd prefer to instead add code to
allow me to load native functions out of an external DLL. That way I
don't have to modify Povray itself as I work.

The actual code to do this seems fairly straightforward, but it would
save loads of time if someone had already done this. Has someone?

--
┌─── dg@cowlark.com ─────
http://www.cowlark.com ─────