POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snakes in space : Re: Snakes in space Server Time
5 Jul 2024 03:00:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snakes in space
From: Alain
Date: 22 Sep 2015 19:39:04
Message: <5601e698@news.povray.org>
Le 15-09-19 15:18, Larry Hudson a écrit :
> On 09/19/2015 06:18 AM, "Jörg \"Yadgar\" Bleimann" wrote:
> [snip]
>> Of course! Too bad that I currently have no computer with a 3.5" disk
>> drive (and MS-DOS!) to
>> install my Elite II Frontier...
>>
> 1}  If you want to bother with the expense, there are USB 3.5" drives
> available.
>
> 2)  As for a DOS emulator...  Check out DOSBox.  It's primarily intended
> for old games, but will run most DOS programs.  Available for
> Window/Linux/Macs.
>
>       -=- Larry -=-

In some cases, you may also need to use moslow. When you have very old
games made to be used on x86, 186 and 286 CPUs and yours is just TO
fast, like a plain 60 MHz Pentium.
Typical cases from old role playing games:
You get out and immediately die. Looking at the log, you found that you
died from starvation, but where absolutely loaded with rations.
You travel and sudently die. You find that a single zombie very slowly
approatched your party, and lesurely killed you over over 100 rounds.