POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : possible difference bug : Re: possible difference bug Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: possible difference bug
From: ABX
Date: 2 Jun 2003 11:34:55
Message: <55rmdv0najiqf1qfd6mkj50sjnnl36g10t@4ax.com>
On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:23:50 -0400, "Mario" <ant### [at] spamcopnet> wrote:
> Now what appears to be happening is that the differnce is creating a
> "tunnel" into the first cube, with the "end of the tunnel" being the same
> color as the second cube. This is odd because I thought all objects were
> hollow. I expected to see a rectangular hole punched into the first cube,
> and being able to look inside of the first cube.

It looks like you have not enough imagination to draw this scene in your mind
and therefore you do not understand result. It works as you designed it. Take a
piece of paper and try draw by hand edges of those boxes you have in scene or
download some modeller like for example Moray and duplicate your scene to see
how those boxes are located. I can't help you because I'm not sure what you
really expect but since you are saying aboyt tunnel perhaps changing
<7, 4, -9> to <7, 16, -9> could help. Anyway try to imagine your coordinates.
I would suggest reading of http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/40/ as well.

ABX