POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snakes in space : Re: Snakes in space Server Time
9 Jun 2024 17:34:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snakes in space
From: clipka
Date: 19 Sep 2015 19:22:57
Message: <55fdee51@news.povray.org>
Am 19.09.2015 um 23:25 schrieb Bill Pragnell:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> On 9/19/2015 8:18 PM, Larry Hudson wrote:
>>> On 09/19/2015 06:18 AM, "Jörg \"Yadgar\" Bleimann" wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> 2)  As for a DOS emulator...  Check out DOSBox.  It's primarily intended
>>> for old games, but will run most DOS programs.  Available for
>>> Window/Linux/Macs.
>>
>> Or play OOlite
>> http://www.oolite.org/
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oolite_%28video_game%29
>
> Or get a BBC Micro emulator (e.g. http://www.mkw.me.uk/beebem/) and play it as
> nature intended in glorious 320x256 4-colour nineteen-eighty-fouriness.

Still requires you to get a media (tape?) image of the game itself; not
sure if that's possible in any strictly legal fashion unless you owned
the original... or backed the new incarnation on Kickstarter. Yup, you
heard me: Backers have official access to the Good Old Times ;)

(I'm pretty sure the CPC version didn't flicker that much though, so
personally I'd prefer that one. Provided it doesn't crash as often as it
did back then... ;))