POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seraglio (Teardown 2) : Re: Seraglio (Teardown 2) Server Time
29 May 2024 06:57:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seraglio (Teardown 2)
From: clipka
Date: 18 Sep 2015 11:07:16
Message: <55fc28a4@news.povray.org>
Am 16.09.2015 um 23:44 schrieb Anthony D. Baye:

> I felt that the light was a little too bright so I cut the fade distance in
> half.  Might take it down even further.

Hint: If striving for realism, avoid random tweaking of fade_distance;
if you feel that the light is too dim or too bright, always directly
tweak the light source's brightness instead - even if that means using
apparently insane brightness values to achieve the desired result.

Unless using an area_light with area_illumination on, fade_distance
should typically be roughly equal to the hypothetical radius of whatever
light source you are trying to simulate. So for instance, to simulate a
classic frosted E27 incandescent light bulb, and presuming you're using
a scale of 1m per POV-Ray unit for your scene, a fade_distance of 0.03
would be about the right value.