POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Re: Imitated Bricks : Re: Imitated Bricks Server Time
3 May 2024 07:06:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Imitated Bricks
From: Alain
Date: 17 Sep 2015 17:15:54
Message: <55fb2d8a@news.povray.org>

> I've tried applying your settings to my own scene, but am not getting
> any reflectivity off the bricks. Could you take a look? The finish is
> defined in "l3p_materials_noshadow_1.4_uber.inc" at line 58. Thanks!
>

> Michael

When you use "fresnel", you also must provide an interior block where
you set the ior for that material.
If you don't, the ior default's to 1 whitch prety much kill reflectivity.

A good starting point for the ior is in the range 1.4 to 1.8.
Water's ior is about 1.3.
Most plastics are in the 1.45 to 1.67 range, same for common glass.