POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : problem with functions.inc : Re: problem with functions.inc Server Time
5 Jul 2024 02:05:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem with functions.inc
From: clipka
Date: 2 Sep 2015 09:58:45
Message: <55e70095$1@news.povray.org>
Am 01.09.2015 um 13:25 schrieb Norbert Kern:
> Hi,
> here is minimal code for the famous burning ship fractal.
> It renders fine as long as I don't include functions.inc (in another context I
> need functions.inc).
> Does anybody know the reason?

Yes: POV-Ray doesn't officially support recursive functions.

It works in /some/ cases, but has some quite severe limitations; my
personal recommendation would be to create one function for each level
of recursion; that shouldn't be too difficult using a #for loop and the
Parse_String() macro from strings.inc.