POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seraglio (WIP) : Re: Seraglio (WIP) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seraglio (WIP)
From: Jérôme M. Berger
Date: 30 Aug 2015 09:59:03
Message: <55e30c27$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/30/2015 12:39 AM, clipka wrote:
> Why fix a perfectly good and fast-rendering scene? It's the other
> variant that takes ages to render.
>
> Besides, the intersection code /already/ makes sure that the bounding
> box isn't larger than what you suggest to specify manually; the boundin
> box for the intersection of a given set of objects defaults to the
> intersection of their bounding boxes.

    Erm, no it isn't. The bounding box of the intersection *should* be
the intersection of the bounding boxes, but experience shows that it
isn't (and hasn't been for more than 15 years). Actually I'm not sure
whether the issue is that the bounding box is wrong or that
intersections disable automatic bounding altogether, but I do know that
manual bounding fixes the problem.

    Note that the other even slower scene could probably be fixed by
proper manual bounding too, it's just more difficult to do...

        Jerome
--
mailto:jeb### [at] freefr
http://jeberger.free.fr