POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seraglio (WIP) : Re: Seraglio (WIP) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:45:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seraglio (WIP)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Aug 2015 03:13:57
Message: <55e2ad35$1@news.povray.org>
On 30-8-2015 7:45, And wrote:
> MichaelJF <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
>> Am 29.08.2015 um 19:09 schrieb And:
>>> MichaelJF <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
>>> I think what I posted a moment ago is the key point. It is not the render
>>> settings or the lighting problem.
>>>

>> I fear you mixed up the rendering times for your second and your third
>> example, but indeed such things can prolong rendering times and increase
>> the hunger for memory dramatically, especially when made wet. I
>> encountered this issue some months ago while playing with the blockwall
>> macros. If you have an blocking object there, every piece of stone of a
>> wall is in a difference {} with this blocking object. With complex
>> buildings one can run out of memory very soon. But as I understood this
>> blockwall stuff so far, it is necessary there for the spline follow macro.
>>
>> I suspect too, that Anthony's problem is not with the water, but may be
>> multiplied by this. But we don't know if this problem is present in
>> Anthony's scene finally.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Michael
>
> Em...
> I'm sorry. I just felt that his problem should be the difference/intersection
> problem then I said that.

Which reminds me of: http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/holetut/index.htm

Another thing which can be asked Anthony: is the water object
overlapping with any other media (atmosphere or lighting)? I found in my
Not Islay scene that that slows down render speed dramatically when that
area is reached by the render. My solution was to cut the atmosphere
container just above the water surface.

--
Thomas