POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seraglio (WIP) : Re: Seraglio (WIP) Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:09:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seraglio (WIP)
From: MichaelJF
Date: 29 Aug 2015 17:30:28
Message: <55e22474@news.povray.org>
Am 29.08.2015 um 19:09 schrieb And:
> MichaelJF <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
>>>

>> I'm running out of ideas too. I played aroud with your settings here and
>> my very simple test scene but found no solution for the riddle.
>> Meanwhile I think that there must be an other problem and the water
>> material is the wrong track. But I have no idea what it could be. I
>> first exchanged my water material by yours given here. The computing
>> time decreased (!) to 6m 41s. Then I added your fade_distance and
>> fade_power to my dimmed light_sources: 6m 41s. But you may have another
>> scaling (for me 1 unit=1 meter). Then I worked through your command line
>> options. Your higher anti alias settings yielded 8m 21s. Adding  +bm2:
>> 9m 58s. -rvp saved 32s. +p should not have any effect on the computation
>> time but indicates that you are not running the Windoze version like me.
>>
>> All computations mentioned above done with this insane IndoorHQ settings.
>
> I think what I posted a moment ago is the key point. It is not the render
> settings or the lighting problem.

I fear you mixed up the rendering times for your second and your third
example, but indeed such things can prolong rendering times and increase
the hunger for memory dramatically, especially when made wet. I
encountered this issue some months ago while playing with the blockwall
macros. If you have an blocking object there, every piece of stone of a
wall is in a difference {} with this blocking object. With complex
buildings one can run out of memory very soon. But as I understood this
blockwall stuff so far, it is necessary there for the spline follow macro.

I suspect too, that Anthony's problem is not with the water, but may be
multiplied by this. But we don't know if this problem is present in
Anthony's scene finally.

Best regards,
Michael