POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seraglio (WIP) : Re: Seraglio (WIP) Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:00:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seraglio (WIP)
From: clipka
Date: 29 Aug 2015 17:07:36
Message: <55e21f18$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.08.2015 um 01:53 schrieb Anthony D. Baye:

> I have tried all of these things.  The media gives good results as long as I
> don't care if it's pure white... The problem of course is that the parts that
> affect the radiosity will be well beyond the white-point and any attempt to add
> color reduces their brightness to such a degree that they no longer have the
> desired effect.

- Increase the size of the light-emitting objects.

- Make the media fall off gradually, so that although it may turn out
white at the center, you'll still see some colour at its fringes.

- Render to a high dynamic range format (OpenEXR is recommended) and use
post-processing to tune down lights until you get a hint of colours.

- Enjoy the beauty of an image where part of the scene is so dark that
it almost - but not quite - gets lost in the shadows.

- Make sure your display is reasonably well calibrated, especially with
respect to black point and gamma.

- Make sure you are using proper gamma handling (assumed_gamma 1.0,
Display_Gamma .ini setting matching your display system).

- Cheat, using an assumed_gamma setting even lower than 1.0.

- Cheat, using a radiosity brightness setting higher than 1.0.

- Cheat, using two copies of each light emitting object: A bright one
with no_image, and a darker one with no_radiosity. (One of them should
also have no_reflection.)