POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Parametric problem: image : Re: Parametric problem: image Server Time
29 May 2024 04:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parametric problem: image
From: clipka
Date: 23 Aug 2015 00:39:51
Message: <55d94e97$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.08.2015 um 06:08 schrieb Stephen:
> On 8/22/2015 10:13 PM, LanuHum wrote:
>> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>>>
>>> Have you tried increasing the contained_by?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>       Stephen
>>
>> No!
>> I don't know an origin of these parameters.
>> I only try to connect the Blender with Povray.
>> Therefore I ask for help.
>> Thanks!
>> The increase in contained_by normalizes a situation.
>> Let the user choose.
>
> You might want to try min_extent and max_extent to define the
> contained_by box (can also be a sphere)

Unfortunately that won't help with this issue, as min_extent and
max_extent give you the extent of the object's bounding box (rather than
the object itself), which in case of parametrics is in turn simply based
on the contained_by object.

One possible solution would be to evaluate some sample points from the
function set (possibly using an adaptive algorithm), and create the
contained_by box based on the range of the results (with some additional
margin).