POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lego AT-AT Walker : Re: Lego AT-AT Walker Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:31:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lego AT-AT Walker
From: Stephen
Date: 22 Aug 2015 04:35:04
Message: <55d83438$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/22/2015 8:21 AM, Reuben Pearse wrote:
> Here's my latest render.
>
> The AT-AT walker was converted from an LDraw model,
>
> Snow was generated using Gilles Tran's MakeSnow macro.
>
> I think I need to add another layer of snow using smaller particles and
> using a slightly darker colour to make the snow look more realistic. Does
> anyone have tips for using this macro?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Reuben

That is very good Reuben.
Did you mean to send it to me as well?

Yes, something needs to be done with the snow but what, I don't know.
I suppose a lot depends on the scale. If it is a full scale Walker the
snow should smoother. If it is Lego sized maybe another layer to fill in
the hollows.

Did you think of adding footprints by placing non-visible and no_shadow
discs above the lower layers. Then removing them for a top layer to fill
in? (Just a thought)

--

Regards
     Stephen