POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Computer locked up : Re: Computer locked up Server Time
7 Jun 2024 07:32:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer locked up
From: clipka
Date: 14 Aug 2015 23:45:07
Message: <55ceb5c3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.08.2015 um 15:57 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> On 8/13/2015 6:43 AM, clipka wrote:
>> The Windows version already displays its current memory usage in the
>> status bar; and the render statistics output includes the peak memory
>> usage during the render (IIRC the Unix version does that as well).
>>

> Eventually Windows will step in and terminate the program,

That doesn't match my experience - usually the Reset button needs to
step in and terminate the entire OS.

> at which time
> any statistics are lost unless POVray stores them somewhere on disk.

What would you want with such a log on disk? All it'll tell you is that
the system went bonkers at X bytes of memory usage - but I don't need a
log to tell you that X = your physical memory size.