POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Intersection of town and floor? : Re: Intersection of town and floor? Server Time
14 May 2024 01:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Intersection of town and floor?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 13 Aug 2015 02:03:15
Message: <55cc3323@news.povray.org>
Le 13/08/2015 05:39, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> I have a model of a town I made in LDraw. How do I make it so the floor
> (a checkered plane) only exists where the town doesn't exist along the
> x+z plane? The reason I can't just use a plane is that parts of the town
> (such as the road surface) are slightly beneath the plane, and a plane
> would hide these areas. What should I do?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Mike

Academic answer: use CSG difference on your floor.
Academic problem: twice the memory is used for the town, and render time
is slowed. (and town must have an interior, and under-floor road should
extend their interior toward the sky... maybe doubling the path of roads
with an invisible container... at least for the troublesome sections
below the ground)

#declare Town = ...
#declare Floor = ...

object { Town }