POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spaceship : Re: Spaceship Server Time
12 May 2024 11:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spaceship
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 9 Aug 2015 22:17:08
Message: <55c809a4$1@news.povray.org>
On 02.08.2015 3:38, BayashiPascal wrote:

> The background is a image map of the milky way. I have no idea how bright it may
> be viewed from space. I'll see how the image looks if I make it dimmer.

Sadly you would not see the Milkyway and likely also no stars except
maybe 3 or 4 of the brightest when your eye (or camera settings) are
adapted to the brightness of Neptune in field of view. That is why
you don't usually see stars in space photos of ISS or Earth.

However, you could create a HDR image from space combining long
and short exposures that might look similar to your image, so you
have room for artistic license :)