POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Where my background? Help me, please! : Re: Where my background? Help me, please! Server Time
23 Apr 2024 20:56:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where my background? Help me, please!
From: clipka
Date: 31 Jul 2015 13:04:19
Message: <55bbaa93@news.povray.org>
Am 19.07.2015 um 11:34 schrieb LanuHum:
> Meshmaker - background kills.

It's a bug in the meshmaker include file, which overrides the scene
language version to 3.5.

The meshmaker file was designed to use 3.5 syntax, so it uses a
"#version 3.5;" directive to ensure compatibility with future versions.
This is not uncommon for default include files, and no problem provided
they remember and restore the previously-set version, using a construct
like this:

     #declare Foo_Inc_Temp = version;
     #version 3.5;

     #version Foo_Inc_Temp;

Meshmaker tries to do this, but gets the construct wrong, issuing the
"#version" statement /before/ backing up the currently set version:

     #version 3.5;
     #ifndef(makemesh_Inc_Temp)
        #declare makemesh_Inc_Temp = version;

     #version makemesh_Inc_Temp;
     #end //ifndef

This should instead be:

     #ifndef(makemesh_Inc_Temp)
        #declare makemesh_Inc_Temp = version;
        #version 3.5;

     #version makemesh_Inc_Temp;
     #end //ifndef

The behaviour of sky_sphere with Output_Alpha=1 was changed with version
3.7, but for the sake of backward compatibility this change is only
active when "#version 3.7" or higher is specified. The new behaviour
makes the sky_sphere behave equivalent to a sphere with emission-only
finish scaled to a very huge size, whereas previous versions would hide
a sky_sphere in such cases.