POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compiling 3.7 RC7 with Visual Studio Express 2012 : Re: Compiling 3.7 RC7 with Visual Studio Express 2012 Server Time
29 Apr 2024 18:07:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling 3.7 RC7 with Visual Studio Express 2012
From: clipka
Date: 31 Jul 2015 12:16:45
Message: <55bb9f6d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.07.2015 um 19:41 schrieb atlaste:

> I guess that a better solution would be to use a #define with a namespace based
> on the compiler; still, I didn't really feel like making such a huge change
> yesterday.

I'm sure that's the right way to go though.

> If you browse through my changes, you'll notice that I I haven't changed the
> boost libraries themselves and only changed a handful of things. From the top of
> my mind:
>
> - std::smart_ptr

I guess you mean std::shared_ptr, right?

> - std::vector
> - std::bind, std::placeholder::_*
>
> All of these are well supported iirc, and I've checked the features that are
> used for incompatible use. Still, if you know a better solution than my
> solution, please be my guest.

No, they're not; they're entirely C++11 specific (except for
std::vector; dunno where you found something else; but let's please keep
the "std::" out of the code for that one, as it's too frequently used.
Also, I don't know about std::placeholder; never heard of it before).