POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Typo's in the 3.7 Installe'r an'd PO'V we'b sit'e : Re: Typo's in the 3.7 Installe'r an'd PO'V we'b sit'e Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:13:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Typo's in the 3.7 Installe'r an'd PO'V we'b sit'e
From: Warp
Date: 30 Jul 2015 05:35:56
Message: <55b9effc@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> Except not always. DLL's is acceptable, DLLs is also ok

It reminds me of the phenomenon that if, for example, the title of a
popular YouTube video uses 's with a proper name (such as "Fitts's Law"),
the comment section will be flooded with comments trying to "correct"
that spelling ("it's Fitts' law!")

(According to most English style guides, the possessive of proper names
should always use 's, even if the name ends in s. Thus it's for example
"workers' rights" but "Fitts's law".)

--
                                                          - Warp