POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Focal blur incorrect : Re: Focal blur incorrect Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:32:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal blur incorrect
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Jul 2015 07:05:01
Message: <559fa6dd$1@news.povray.org>
On 10-7-2015 12:30, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 10/07/2015 11:25, Cousin Ricky a écrit :
>> On 2015-07-10 03:06 AM (-4), Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> I agree with this. It is identical to the use of a traditional camera:
>>> focus on a certain object (aka focal_point), half-press the shutter,
>>> then compose the scene (aka look_at), finally press the shutter
>>> completely.
>>
>> Digital cameras are now considered "traditional"?
>>
> It worked already like that on auto-focus film-based camera.

And that is what I was referring to. Before auto-focus it was even nicer
(for those who did not experience that golden age): just the manual
combination of distance setting, diaphragm opening / exposure time. You
can simulate this on digital cameras, sure, but that was not the same
feeling.

--
Thomas