POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Typo's in the 3.7 Installe'r an'd PO'V we'b sit'e : Re: Typo's in the 3.7 Installe'r an'd PO'V we'b sit'e Server Time
29 May 2024 05:47:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Typo's in the 3.7 Installe'r an'd PO'V we'b sit'e
From: scott
Date: 6 Jul 2015 08:42:12
Message: <559a77a4$1@news.povray.org>
> I had to change PCs, and thus had to reinstall POV.
>
> At the end of the install, it asks if we want to install the editor
> "DLL's" and sends us to the POV site where we can download the "DLL's"
>
> Excpet plurals don't use apostrophes.  It should be "DLLs".

Except not always. DLL's is acceptable, DLLs is also ok, as is the fact
that there are too many e's in this sentence, or that so many 6's come
up when I roll dice.

Usually you'd use an apostrophe for an acronym plurar to avoid any
possible ambiguity (eg if "DLLS" was an equally valid acronym, you
wouldn't write DLLs for a plural). In this case though I don't think it
matters.