POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Binary meshes? : Re: Binary meshes? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 12:33:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Binary meshes?
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Jun 2015 06:31:15
Message: <55814c73$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/06/2015 10:06, Le_Forgeron wrote:

> Le 17/06/2015 10:59, Stephen a écrit :
>> That is a no, then?  ;-)
>
> Up to you.

It would be a no from me.

I've spent many years waiting for computers to catch up with my
imagination. And when they do. My imagination has moved on to bigger
things. :-)

> - From my point of view, a mesh, or many meshes, is not a viable
> solution to the original problem.

I followed your reasoning. Can't and wouldn't want to fault it.

> I suggested one alternative, at least for POVghanistan, that might be
> worth considering and coding. It's not obvious but does not seems
> impossible.
>
> You might provide other solutions too.

I can't. I don't think that it is possible without using adaptive Level
of Detail. Even if I could code I would not want to try it in SDL.
Although, I suppose you could write an external program and call it from
PovRay.

Having said that. I am a great admirer of Yadgar's work. (High! Yadgar)
I have been following it forever. In the early days I copied his
examples, to learn.

I can't help feeling that for modelling such large structures. Digital
computers have their drawbacks.
But I don't want to go down the philosophy, road. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen