POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Trouble implementing Axis_Rotate_Trans macro : Re: Trouble implementing Axis_Rotate_Trans macro Server Time
14 May 2024 02:03:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trouble implementing Axis_Rotate_Trans macro
From: scott
Date: 2 Jun 2015 03:29:26
Message: <556d5b56@news.povray.org>
On 02/06/2015 03:13, Bald Eagle wrote:
> scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
>
>> If I add the following lines at the start then I get no error:
>>
>> #local Drill_Size = 1;
>> #local Radius = 1;
>> #local Point = 1;
>> #include "transforms.inc"
>>
>> Do you get the same result?
>
> I already checked that I had included transforms.inc - which was also
> demonstrated by my SDL crapping out IN the included code.
>
> My setup seemed to be choking on "trasform", and I couldn't dig up any
> documentation on that command, so I just cut and pasted the matrix transform
> into my SDL, made a few mods, and it works.

My point was, if I copy & paste your text exactly as you posted into
POV, add those lines at the beginning then it parses fine. So your
mistake is elsewhere in some code that you haven't posted.

It's far better to post a complete block of code that you think should
run by itself, this allows others to copy&paste into POV rather than
trying to guess what the rest of your code is doing (I had to guess
values for the missing parameters, no idea if changing these would cause
the code not to parse).