POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Box using different points : Re: Box using different points Server Time
15 May 2024 21:10:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Box using different points
From: Alain
Date: 10 May 2015 02:10:51
Message: <554ef66b@news.povray.org>

> Hello, I am using Box macro for making box but it uses only two points.
> I have eight points as
> a<0, 0, 0>
> b<1, 0, 0>
> c<1, 1, 0>
> d<0, 1, 0>
> e<0, 1, 1>
> f<0, 0, 1>
> g<1, 0, 1>
> h<1, 1, 1>
>
> How can I make a box using all these eight points?
>

> --
> Gurwinder Singh Bains

By definition, a box have faces that are parallel two by two and are
also perpendicular to the other 4 faces.
As, initialy, the box's faces are all parallel to the base planes, you
only need two oposite corners.

If you realy need more than that, you are no longer dealing with a box
but some variation of an hexaedron.
If, additionaly, those faces are not flat, you have a twisted hexaedron,
or some other beast that may, or not, self intersect.

Alain