POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Fresnel reflection : Re: Fresnel reflection Server Time
15 May 2024 01:03:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fresnel reflection
From: clipka
Date: 30 Apr 2015 21:14:11
Message: <5542d363$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.04.2015 um 08:07 schrieb Crippso:
> Thanks Alain , that's a very clear description.
>
> regarding transmission that results from using conserve energy: does it matter
> what value for t I use in  color grbt<> vector or does pov ray simply calculate
> a value that is totally independent of t, that is an angle dependent value based
> on the calculated reflectance?

The t (transmit) value still does matter indeed; if e.g. you set
transmit to 0.5, you get only 50% of the transmittance you would get if
you set transmit to 1.0.

So if for example the reflection is 20% at a given angle, and you set
transmit to 0.5, the effective transmittance at that angle will be
(100%-20%)*0.5 = 40%.