POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : An artifact when rendering torus(negative major_r) : Re: An artifact when rendering torus(negative major_r) Server Time
18 Jun 2024 09:59:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An artifact when rendering torus(negative major_r)
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Apr 2015 06:33:02
Message: <5526555e$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/04/2015 07:33, And wrote:
> ... this is what I rendered.

That is the pattern I got when I used your original code. But something
looks wrong with the shading and shadows. So I did a series of renders
with a simpler material that is matt. I orbited the light around your
shape and included a couple of primitives (two spheres and a lathe)
using the same texture, for comparison. The Blue arrow points to the light.
Unless someone can explain it by the shape of the object. It looks like
a bug to me.

Light orbiting horizontally
https://youtu.be/iOffuoxXjYo

Light orbiting horizontally at 45 deg