POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Revisiting the MandelBulb : Re: Revisiting the MandelBulb Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:29:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Revisiting the MandelBulb
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Apr 2015 12:18:35
Message: <552554db$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/04/2015 15:28, Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann wrote:
> Hi(gh)!
>
> On 08.04.2015 09:23, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>
>> I have a collection of images made over the years by the POV community.
>> Unfortunately, I did not save the dates, only the maker's names, so I
>> cannot tell you /when/ mandelbulb explorations took place here. Maybe
>> Yadgar knows. He is a more complete collector than I am :-)
>
> The earliest Mandelbulb posting in my collection dates from November 19,
> 2009 - a scene rendered by Scott...

I remember some discussion around about the time I was playing with the
code for a cubic Mandelbrot that Andrew posted. That was in 2005 and
2007/8. Going by the file dates.

As an aside. I thought that off topic posts expired after a short while.
But I can find posts as early as 2006 on the web interface.

--

Regards
     Stephen