POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : An rendering artifact on torus : Re: An rendering artifact on torus Server Time
25 Apr 2024 23:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An rendering artifact on torus
From: Alain
Date: 3 Apr 2015 22:34:00
Message: <551f4d98@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.551e92b74514bfb213709ea20%40news.povray.org%3E/

> And here is a discussion several days ago, which may be a similar phenomenon.

http://news.povray.org/povray.bugreports/thread/%3Cweb.5517c69b250fa02e5189b500%40news.povray.org%3E/

It looks like it could be a precision/accuracy isue as multiplying the
dimentions by 50 makes the artefact disapear. You may hit the limits of
double precision FP numbers.

Scaling up, even by 1000, DON'T improve the end result. In fact, when
scalling up, I get a full black circle, not just parts of it.

Alain