POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spinner colony (again) : Re: Spinner colony (again) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:59:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spinner colony (again)
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 24 Feb 2015 23:27:04
Message: <54ed4f18$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/20/2015 7:40 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> My latest render. I'm satisfied with the inner/outer hull viewport area.
>
> I think now it is time to consider propulsion. A nuclear pulse drive
> like Project Orion could work. I would have to model some shock
> absorbers, and the pressure pad would need to be flat instead of
> parabolic (or not?).
>
> I'm actually not sure what my other options are.

The latest source code can be found here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?u11o46byrcjlfn6

The relevant files are:

gh_scene_spinner_interior.pov
gh_scene_spinner_cutaway.pov

There are quite a few dependencies. I'll try and list them all here:

// 1. Chris Colefax for the CITY GENERATOR INCLUDE FILE which I have
heavily modified.
// 2. Rune's particle system
// 3. GALAXY INCLUDE FILE FOR PERSISTENCE OF VISION
// 4. Meshmerizing Mesh Maker Macros
// 5. http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Lightsys
// 6. Truss Generator include by Theran Cochran
// 7. sphere.inc by Shuhei Kawachi
// 8. grasspatch.inc by Josh English
// 9. SPACE AGE TrueType font
// 10. Joseph Hewitt for most of the mecha models, except for items like
the hovercraft which I got from TurboSquid, as well as my own Lego models.
// 11. Raumschiff5.inc, Horus.inc by Frank Bruder
// 12. eagle.pov from the Object Collection
// 13. vulture.pov from the Object Collection

My modified City Gen is included in the zip file. Joseph Hewitt's mecha
models are included in the "models" sub-directory. If you need more help
just let me know.