POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bordered Characters : Re: Bordered Characters Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bordered Characters
From: buke9
Date: 24 Feb 2015 21:03:53
Message: <54ed2d89$1@news.povray.org>
These are really nice. I do like your bumper sticker I've seen this brain
dead Cal Rep before and I know why the Zombies starved. I can't see how
California survives as a state.

"Dave Blandston"  wrote in message

Hi there,

Since I started using POV-Ray quite some time ago I always wanted to use
more
interesting fonts. I was very excited when support was added for True Type
fonts
but I still wanted to be able to add borders and bevels to the fonts.
Therefore
I have made a simple Arial font that has borders. If I had planned ahead
better
I see now that I could have added the ability to make various types of
bevels as
well. Maybe I'll re-do the characters someday with that capability. For now,
though, there are still many interesting variations that can be made with
the
bordered characters. I will post some example pictures below. If anyone is
interested I will post the source code as well.

The picture attached to this post is a bumper sticker design. The background
and
characters required separate lighting so the characters were set to
"no_image"
while the background was rendered, then the characters were rendered with a
transparent background.